Wednesday, January 09, 2013
how's it going?
So, I've been into my #52NewThings for over a week now. I've set myself a goal of doing 52 new things in 2013 and I think I'm off to a rather lovely start. Here's the week's round-up of things I've achieved so far:
1. Try a new recipe a week. Well, I haven't cooked it yet, but there's a new recipe on the meal plan for tomorrow night!
2. Learn a new French word every day. Well, this is going swimmingly. I've been sharing them here (and will run through them below).
7. Drink my morning coffee outdoors. Check! I sat on the front veranda the other morning with a bowl of coffee and a magazine. T'was divine.
11. Actually call my friends and family. Called my mum in Melbourne tonight.
13. Catch up with friends in real life. Yep, Saturday lunch with my Twitter friends (old and new). And I'm catching up with old school friends on Saturday afternoon/evening.
18. Take a cooking class with a friend. Yep, a friend and I are planning on terrifying poor Jace at Essential Ingredient by taking one of his classes next month when it's cool enough for pastry.
28. Start saving for our next overseas holiday. Yep, money transferred after last pay day. Woo hoo.
30. Go on more dates with my husband. I've booked tickets for hubby and I to see Baby et Lulu at Lizottes on Valentines Day (awwwww).
31. See more live music. See above.
32. Make the bed every day. YES! I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS. IT IS AWESOME and makes the house look so much tidier.
41. Fold and put away fresh washing. Oh. Yes. I have. I know, can't believe it myself.
48. Well, tonight I made an excuse to miss Burlesque class, but it's over 40 degrees. I'd die. You'd miss me and that would just make everyone sad.
51. I have made a deal with the husband so he is forced to sell the car. It's on CarSales.com.au by the weekend or it's going to the wreckers.*
How's that? 13 things already - OH MY GOD 13 things in the first week of 2013 - that was so not intentional, but so awesome.
Now, this week's French words:
Coucher du soleil
PS: realised that I totally missed a word on Monday. RUDE! So here's two for today:
Grossier - rude, obscene
Remuer - to move
So, how are you doing with new things? Anything? Something?
*PS: I know that technically I haven't sold the old car - but we now have a one-month-plan. It'll be GONE by next month.